Many facilities are replacing their aging relays with microprocessor-based relays, for optimal protection. ERS delivers turnkey solutions including engineering evaluation, relay logic design and integration, panel fabrication, installation, and startup services.
The North American Electrical Reliability Corporation (NERC) establishes standards to ensure the safety and reliability of the Bulk Electrical Power System. ERS provides a comprehensive set of NERC Compliance solutions to ensure you are regulatory compliant and avoid costly fines.
Relay Upgrades & Replacements
Relays can be seamlessly upgraded or replaced adding reliability, functionality, and communication capabilities. Many facilities are replacing their aging relays with microprocessor-based relays, for optimal protection. Relay retrofits and upgrades provide a cost-effective way to leverage the advantages of microprocessor relays, without the expense of installing new switchgear. Services include turnkey solutions utilizing all major manufacturers and relay applications, including engineering evaluation, relay logic design and integration, settings, panel fabrication, demolition, installation, testing and startup.
Circuit Breaker Upgrades and Replacements
Circuit breakers play a critical role in protecting the people and equipment in your facility, and are integral in limiting the damage should a fault occur. But like all electrical components, circuit breakers can wear out and require an upgrade or replacement. By replacing your aging circuit breakers, you will lower your maintenance requirements and reduce the safety risk to your personnel. Services include circuit breaker testing and replacement.
Ensure regulatory compliance with North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) requirements and avoid costly fines. This takes knowledge of the ever-changing and complex regulations. These regulations require utilities and power generation and transmission facilities to implement an ongoing, systematic program to test, maintain, and document the performance of protection scheme devices that impact the Bulk Electric System (BES). Services include NERC engineering evaluation and compliance assessment, and relay settings and logic programming.
- Enhanced system protection is achieved when engineers design a retrofit solution tailored to your system
- Improved functionality and control happens as new relays utilize the latest technology and advanced communication capabilities
- Reduced maintenance or operating costs is possible as newer equipment with advanced technology streamlines maintenance and allows for more efficient operation
- Better system insight for data-driven decision making is possible as the built-in protocols of microprocessor relays make data available anywhere on your system
- Extended life of equipment occurs as circuit breakers are properly maintained and work to limit equipment damage during a fault
- Improved reliability and mean time between failures (MTBF) results from having proper relay settings and a protection scheme that is expertly engineered
- Simplified calibration and extended intervals between testing lead to lower overall maintenance costs
- Simplified regulatory compliance is possible due to self-testing features that streamline or simplify required testing and reporting
- Our Protection & Controls engineers and relay technicians understand the critical nature of working with an active protection scheme and the impact testing and maintenance have on critical system operation
- Deep infrastructure expertise across the entire electrical system from generation and transmission to distribution and secondary distribution infrastructures
- Technical knowledge base from 100,000 completed projects supporting ~400,000 pieces of equipment
- Documented quality program to ensure standardized and consistent service delivery everywhere you operate
- Superior safety ratings, safe work practices, and award-winning safety programs
- Industry-leading customer satisfaction and Net Promoter Score
- Nationwide staff of registered professional engineers
- A Leader in staffing Level 3 & 4 NETA-Certified technicians
- Longevity of qualified technical resources
- Founding member of InterNational Electrical Testing Association (NETA).
- Participate and lead standards development including NFPA, IEEE, and NETA
- Customer resolution center available 24x7x365 for emergency support
- Comprehensive test equipment calibration program
- Standardized data acquisition tool deployed across our global service organization, ensuring consistent, standardized data collection across each equipment type anywhere in the world
- State-of-the-art equipment and diagnostic software and tools
- Easy-to-read technical reports, compatible with NFPA and NETA standards