Design and Engineering
Keeping up with the rapid advances in technology and the increasing demand for improved power and reliability is a challenge for today’s electrical asset managers. Relay upgrades and replacements allow you to replace your obsolete protection system and take advantage of the advancements in protection technology without the expense of installing new switchgear. Services include system analysis, relay upgrade solutions, schematics, and diagrams designed to meet your needs including cost, space, time, functionality, and regulatory compliance.
Relay Logic and Settings
An important part of the design process includes accurate relay logic and settings. Correct logic settings affect the speed, selectivity, and reliability of your relays. They ensure that the correct relay elements are being used in the trip scheme and that the relay control logic will produce the desired results. Services include design and implementation of logic settings.
Installation, Upgrades, Retrofits, and Replacements
Installation of a newly designed relay protection system improves the speed and accuracy of installation. Services include removal of your existing electromechanical relays, controls, and associated control wiring; installation of the new protection panel assemblies; termination of the new wiring harness to the existing terminal blocks; installation of additional control wiring as needed, verification of all factory drawings to ensure the documentation reflects the as-installed design.
Commissioning and Startup
Newly installed relays require commissioning and startup services to ensure proper operation. Services include uploading settings into the relays, tests to verify calibration and operation, trip check procedures to verify proper sensing and satisfactory operation of all protective relay devices, current and/or voltage secondary injection tests to verify the correct annunciation and operation of associated devices.
- Enhanced system protection is achieved when engineers design a retrofit solution tailored to your system
- Improved functionality and control happens as new relays utilize the latest technology and advanced communication capabilities
- Better system insight for data-driven decision making is possible as the built-in protocols of microprocessor relays make data available anywhere on your system
- Improved reliability and mean time between failures (MTBF) results from having proper relay settings and a protection scheme that is expertly engineered
- Simplified calibration and extended intervals between testing lead to lower overall maintenance costs
- Simplified regulatory compliance is possible due to self-testing features that streamline or simplify required testing and reporting
- Deep infrastructure expertise across the entire electrical system from generation and transmission to distribution and secondary distribution infrastructures
- Technical knowledge base from 100,000 completed projects supporting ~400,000 pieces of equipment
- Documented quality program to ensure standardized and consistent service delivery everywhere you operate
- Superior safety ratings, safe work practices, and award-winning safety programs
- Industry-leading customer satisfaction and Net Promoter Score
- Nationwide staff of registered professional engineers
- A Leader in staffing Level 3 & 4 NETA-Certified technicians
- Longevity of qualified technical resources
- Founding member of InterNational Electrical Testing Association (NETA)
- Participate and lead standards development including NFPA, IEEE, and NETA
- Customer resolution center available 24x7x365 for emergency support
- Comprehensive test equipment calibration program
- Standardized data acquisition tool deployed across our global service organization, ensuring consistent, standardized data collection across each equipment type anywhere in the world
- State-of-the-art equipment and diagnostic software and tools
- Easy-to-read technical reports, compatible with NFPA and NETA standards