Engineering & Design Solutions
As you begin to plan for a new project or evaluate an existing system, you need accurate data and analysis to help you make important decisions about your electrical power requirements. Our technicians and engineers will evaluate your system and design settings to ensure your equipment functions as it is designed to do and that it performs at its optimum capacity while meeting applicable regulatory requirements. We offer a variety of engineering services including electrical engineering design, engineering studies, and Protection and Controls.
Commissioning & Acceptance
Our project services ensure that your facility is designed, built, and operates reliably and according to your project specifications. Whether building a data center, selecting technologies, planning an upgrade, or recommissioning an existing facility, we can support your projects and maximize your investment. Our comprehensive commissioning services begin during the planning and design phase and continue through construction, occupancy, and operations.
Electrical power system acceptance testing, prior to energization, can ensure you uncover problems and make corrections before they escalate and become more costly in the future. Nearly 70 percent of early electrical equipment failures can be traced to power system design, installation, or startup deficiencies. During construction and acceptance testing, you can trust in our expertise to help you build and maintain best-in-class facilities that deliver increased flexibility, efficiency, and reliability.
Ongoing & Preventive Maintenance
Data centers are dependent upon their electrical systems to maintain the continuity of processes and to transmit critical data. The continuing reliability and integrity of an electrical power system are based on an established program of maintenance and operational testing. Maintenance procedures and frequencies should follow the recommendations of nationally recognized standards. We will help you develop a maintenance schedule that is based on your equipment, voltage, and ambient conditions. Some of the maintenance solutions we offer are:
- Preventive maintenance
- Predictive maintenance
- Corrective maintenance
- Maintenance management
- Emergency service rapid response
Faced with growing regulatory and commercial pressure, many data center owners and operators are tasked to improve energy efficiency and sustainability. We understand this shift requires a new way of planning, designing and executing new builds or modifying legacy facilities. We have experts who are knowledgeable about the intricacies of the renewable energy system and can play a key role in your sustainability projects. Our renewable energy services include:
- Electrical planning services
- Electrical engineering and design
- Grid and storage integration
- Electrical maintenance
- Performance optimization
Data center projects can be very complex. We understand that your success depends on your service providers’ ability to manage their portion of the overall project seamlessly. Over the years, we have developed a systematic approach to managing complex projects that ensure smooth planning and execution. Through every stage of a project, from pre-bid to close-out, we have critical steps in place that help us stay on track and deliver the most comprehensive solutions for your electrical system reliability and safety. Some of the benefits we offer are:
- Experienced project management team that ensures easy navigation through complex projects.
- Consistency across all regions via a systematic process developed and based on Project Management Institute (PMI) standards.
- A time-driven team who knows how missing milestones can derail a project quickly and has the tools in place to stay on track.
- A proven track record in managing dynamic schedules.
- Continuous project tracking and flexibility to adjust numerous moving parts when needed.
- Skilled in supervising a large group of field engineers who have the proper experience (NETA 3 or 4).
- Ability to identify and resolve challenges before they arrive.
- Understanding the importance of hitting critical milestones.
We offer a systematic approach to project management to ensure easy navigation through complex project planning and execution, providing consistency across multiple sites and regions.
- Founding member of InterNational Electrical Testing Association (NETA)
- Leadership in standards development including NFPA, IEEE, and NETA
- Customer resolution center available 24x7x365 for emergency support
- Technical knowledge base from 100,000 completed projects supporting ~400,000 pieces of equipment
- Documented quality program to ensure standardized and consistent service delivery everywhere you operate
- Superior safety ratings, safe work practices, and award-winning safety programs
- Nationwide staff of registered professional engineers
- A leader in staffing Level 3 & 4 NETA-Certified technicians
- Longevity of qualified technical resources
- Standardized data acquisition tool deployed across our global service organization, ensuring consistent, standardized data collection across each equipment type anywhere in the world
- Commissioners familiar with both Gold and Silver LEED buildings
- Active participant in the Building Commissioning Association and the InterNational Electrical Testing Association (NETA)
- Certified Building Commissioning Professional (BCxP)
- Protection & Controls engineers and relay technicians who understand the critical nature of working with an active protection scheme and the impact that testing and maintenance have on critical system operation